On some CMI websites, you can provide contact information for ministry-related purposes, to order resources, or to make ministry contributions. Here are the types of Personal Data that we may collect:
How Information is Used
- contact information: name, title, organization/church, complete address, phone number, email address;
- payment information: credit card number and expiration date, billing information, and banking information for those opting to provide recurring monthly donations;
- shipping information: name, organization/church, complete address;
- information concerning how you heard about Church Ministries International;
- information you wish to leave: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- your request to receive periodic updates: e.g., to those who request it, we will send periodic e-mails related to specific fund-raising appeals, prayer concerns, and newsletters.
CMI uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, update you on ministry happenings, and to personalize our website for you. Credit card numbers are encrypted used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication. No Sharing of Personal Information
CMI will not sell, rent, or lease your Personal Data to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all who contact us through our websites will be kept confidential. Use of Personal Data will be limited to the internal purposes of CMI and only to further the ministry activities and purposes of CMI. Non-Personally Identifiable information:
We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymous usage data, referring site pages and URLs, platform types, click streams, activity data/time, etc.) with third parties to help understand usage patterns and other site statistics to improve website functionality and services offered. Security
CMI is committed to ensuring the security of your sensitive Personal Data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use Internet encryption software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Cookies
Many websites place cookies on your hard drive. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Your browser can refuse all cookies or show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended. Third Party Services
CMI utilizes third party services to manage E-Commerce and E-newsletter services. CMI only contracts with reputable companies with privacy policies and standards in keeping with our own. All user information is confidential and used for CMI purposes only. Donor information and subscriber lists are managed by CMI personnel. Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List
If you desire to remove your name, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For EU Citizens.
CMI also complies with the EU GDPR Privacy Policies and we respect your rights of accessing your data, correcting it, and having it removed from our systems. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
At your request, we will delete your Personal Data if:
- it's no longer necessary to retain your Personal Data;
- you withdraw the consent which formed the basis of your Personal Data processing;
- you have successfully objected to the processing of your Personal Data by explaining your objection via email at email@example.com;
- your Personal Data was processed unlawfully; or
- we are required to delete your Personal Data to comply with our legal obligations.
We will review removal requests on a case by case basis and we might not be able to comply with your request if we need to process your Personal Data, such as:
- fulfillment of our contractual obligations to you (for example, to process your donation, issue receipts, and otherwise support your relationship with CMI);
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- If we are obliged to process Personal Data from you due to a legal obligation, such as anti-corruption stipulations or statutory retention periods.
- to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or
- to perform a task in the public interest.