Lights in Darkness
My wife, Laura, gives me a hard time when I put up the Christmas tree. I am particular about how the tree should be lit. Each branch must be wrapped in lights from the inside out. I always end up a few strands short and buy more. I’m up to 1,600 lights on our 7-foot tree.
It’s a lot of work, but I love the way the tree glows from the inside out. For me it’s the picture of the heart of the Christmas story – light shining in the darkness!
Even in our secular-saturated culture, people sense something different in the Christmas season. It is a time filled with memories, wonder, and longing. And it is a time when hearts are particularly open to hearing the Good News of Jesus. That makes it an especially important time of for the evangelistic ministries of many churches – including our partner churches in Latin America.
May I ask you for a favor? When you see a beautiful Christmas tree this December, use it as a prompt to pause and pray for one of the many upcoming Christmas outreaches planned by our Latin American partner churches, or your own church.
I’ve listed below a few of the events our partner churches in Quito have planned. Pray…
- For the Holy Spirit to draw many to Christ.
- For boldness in sharing the gospel message.
- That Jesus would be glorified.
- That many would place their faith in Christ and follow Him.
Thank you! In this season of giving, we are grateful for the gift of your partnership with us in seeing the light of Christ shine in the great cities of Latin America.
Church Ministries International
December Special Christmas Events in Quito
* Youth Neighborhood Evangelism (Norte Church)
* Christmas Celebration for Seniors (República Church)
* Christmas Celebration for Single Moms (República Church)
* Choir Concert at Hospital Voz Andes (Batán Church)
* Christmas Cantata at Ruminahui Coliseum (Chillos Church)
* Christmas Choir Concert at CCNU Mall (República Church)
* Christmas Choir at CCI Mall (Batán Church)
* Christmas Choir Concert (República Church)
* Choir Presentation at Quito Christmas Fair (Batán Church)
* Christmas Choir Concert (Puembo Church)
* Community-Wide Christmas Celebration (Norte Church)
* Special Christmas Services (All Churches)
* Presentation of Gifts to Families in Need (República)
* Special Year-End Celebration (Cumbayá)
Click here to add your own text