The Seed Fund
is an innovative, sustainable fundraising initiative from CMI. It's packed with potential, propels the mission forward, and positions the ministry well for the future.The Seed Fund Addresses Two Fundamental Challenges
As a church planting movement focused on large, influential Latin American cities, the churches we serve face two significant challenges.
- The high cost of growing an influential church and its facilities in an expensive, crowded city;
- Sustainable capital to plant numerous churches and keep pace with the growth of these cities.
The new Seed Fund
model will function much like a venture capital fund for churches. Imagine a lending institution combined with a co-op.
When a church "borrows money" from the Seed Fund
, they do so with all of the traditional rules and expectations you would expect from a traditional bank loan.
But in a traditional load or venture capital investment, the lender is the benefactor of success. In the case of CMI's new Seed Fund
approach, the local Latin American churches themselves are the benefactor. What Are The Significant Advantages of This New Approach?
The advantages are many. Here are a few you'll appreciate:
- Sustainability: The fund achieves local financial sustainability within 10 years
- Growth: Our projections estimate 3–5% annual growth of the Seed Fund
- Ownership: A diverse team of local, highly qualified Latin American leaders will partner with CMI to oversee the Seed Fund